Goudron field (Columbus, 100%)
Goudron is a high-quality oil-field which lies between the East Moruga and Beach Marcelle fields in south-eastern Trinidad and has direct access to the Petrotrin oil export pipeline.
Columbus continues to seek to optimise the field’s production. One such production optimisation technique is through the Company’s Waterflood “A” Pilot project, where the Company is injecting around 1,000 barrels of water per day to seek to increase production. Initial results have been positive and have confirmed clear signs of connectivity between reservoir bodies.
- Discovered in 1927
- Developed by Texaco between 1956 and 1986
- Exceptionally high-quality oil in a shallow reservoir
- Cumulative recovery of under 6 MMbbls
- Production average of >500 bopd in 1H 2018
- Existing stock of over 100 wells drilled between 1930-2017 available for application of enhanced recovery projects
- Waterflood Pilot “A” is underway commencing in July 2018
- Long term strategy for field re-development is to realise production growth potential to above 3,000 bopd through application of EOR techniques including waterflooding.